In our last newsletter we told you about Annex SL, the initiative to provide identical structure, text and common terms and definitions for management system standards of the future.
As Annex SL continues to roll out, it will ensure consistency among future and revised management system standards and make integrated use simpler. It will also make the standards easier to read, and in so doing, more understandable for users.
We are in support of Annex SL because, as IRCA, the International Register of Certified Auditors (of which we’re a member), puts it: “This could be the beginning of the end of the conflicts, duplication, confusion and misunderstanding from different (ISO management system standards).”
What do we like about Annex SL?
- It describes the framework for a generic management system.
- All MSS will have the same look and feel, driving understanding and efficiencies.
- Service management
- Food safety
- Business continuity
- Information security
- Energy management
- It offers common terms and core definitions.
- It will cover the gamut of management system standards, including:
- All MSS will migrate to Annex SL when they come up for revision.
In future blogs we’ll dig a little deeper to tell you more about changes ahead.
In the meantime, read up at http://www.iso.org/iso/home/news_index/news_archive/news.htm?refid=Ref1621 or contact us and we’ll guide you through the changes.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by Roy D'Ardenne